How to put fake nails on without glue?
You can put on fake nails without glue by using adhesive tabs or double-sided tape. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to apply fake nails without traditional nail glue:
- Fake nails
- Adhesive tabs or double-sided tape
- Nail file
- Nail buffer
- Nail clippers
- Rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover
- Cotton pads or swabs
- Cuticle pusher
Prepare Your Natural Nails:
- Start by ensuring your natural nails are clean and free from any oils, lotions, or nail polish. Use rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover and cotton pads or swabs to clean your nails thoroughly.
Select the Right Fake Nails:
- Choose fake nails that match the size and shape of your natural nails. If necessary, trim or file the fake nails to achieve the desired shape and length.
Apply Adhesive Tabs or Double-Sided Tape:
- Adhesive tabs and double-sided tape are often included in fake nail kits. Cut them to the appropriate size and apply them to the back of each fake nail. Ensure they adhere securely.
Align and Press On:
- Align the fake nails with your natural nails, starting from the cuticle, and gently press them down. Apply firm but gentle pressure to ensure they stick in place.
Trim and Shape:
- Use nail clippers to trim the fake nails to your desired length. Then, use a nail file to shape them as needed.
Smooth the Edges:
- Use a nail buffer to smooth the edges of the fake nails, blending them with your natural nails for a seamless look.
Finish with Cuticle Care:
- Use a cuticle pusher to gently push back your cuticles for a neat appearance.
- Ensure your natural nails are dry and free from moisture to help the adhesive tabs or double-sided tape adhere better.
- Adhesive tabs and double-sided tape may not provide the same long-lasting hold as nail glue, so be prepared for the possibility of the fake nails coming off sooner.
- Avoid using excessive force when applying the fake nails, as it can damage your natural nails or cause the fake nails to detach prematurely.
Applying fake nails without glue is a temporary solution and is best suited for short-term use or special occasions. If you're looking for a longer-lasting option, using nail glue or other professional nail adhesives may be more suitable.