How to not get gel polish on the cuticle oil?
Getting a perfect gel nails application without smudging or touching the cuticles requires a steady hand, attention to detail, and a few handy techniques. Gel polish can create a sleek and long-lasting manicure, and preventing it from getting on your cuticle oil ensures a polished and professional look. In this article, we'll delve into the steps and tips to help you achieve a neat gel polish application without any unwanted spillage onto your cuticles.
1. Prepare Your Nails:
- Start by ensuring your nails are clean and dry. Remove any old polish and gently shape your nails using a file. Push back your cuticles using a cuticle pusher or an orange stick to create a clear canvas.
2. Apply a Base Coat:
- Begin with a thin, even application of a quality gel base coat. Be careful not to let it touch your cuticles. Leave a small gap between the base coat and the cuticles to prevent any overflow.
3. Use Cuticle Oil:
- Apply a small amount of cuticle oil to your cuticles. This creates a barrier between the gel polish and your skin, making it easier to clean up any accidental spills.
4. Use the Right Amount of Gel Polish:
- Dip the brush into the gel polish bottle and wipe off any excess polish on the inside of the bottle's neck. This helps control the amount of polish on the brush, reducing the chance of spillage.
5. Start at the Center:
- Begin applying the gel polish in the center of your nail, a little away from the cuticle. Gently push the polish towards the cuticle line without actually touching it.
6. Be Precise and Patient:
- Use slow, precise strokes to coat the rest of the nail, ensuring an even application. If you accidentally touch the cuticle, use a clean brush or an orange stick with a bit of acetone to clean it up before curing.
7. Clean Up Any Spillage:
- Before curing the gel polish under the lamp, use a clean brush or an orange stick dipped in acetone to clean up any excess polish that may have touched the cuticles.
8. Cure Properly:
- Follow the gel polish brand's instructions for curing under the UV or LED lamp. Ensure each layer is adequately cured to achieve the desired finish.
9. Finish with Top Coat:
- Complete your manicure by applying a gel top coat. Be careful not to let it touch the cuticles, maintaining the gap you established during the base coat application.
Achieving a gel nails application without any residue on the cuticles is all about precision, patience, and proper technique. By preparing your nails, using cuticle oil, controlling the amount of polish on the brush, and being meticulous in your application, you can master the art of a clean and professional-looking gel polish manicure. Happy painting!