How long does it take to apply Builder gel nails?
Among the variations of gel nails, hard gel nails stand out for their robustness and ability to provide a solid extension. If you're considering opting for hard gel nails, you might wonder about the time it takes to achieve those stunning, long-lasting nails. In this article, we'll delve into the application process of hard gel nails and the time it typically involves.
Understanding Hard Gel Nails
What is Hard Gel?: Hard gel is a type of nail enhancement made from a thick gel-like substance. It's used to extend the natural nails, add strength, and provide a base for nail art and polish.
Curing Process: Hard gel requires curing or drying under a UV or LED lamp. This curing process transforms the gel into a durable and strong extension.
Steps Involved in Applying Hard Gel Nails
The application of hard gel nails involves a series of steps that, when executed with precision and care, result in beautiful, long-lasting nail extensions. Here is a breakdown of the typical steps and the time it may take for each:
Nail Preparation (10-15 minutes):
- The natural nails are prepared by trimming, shaping, and buffing to ensure a clean and smooth base for the hard gel.
Primer Application (5 minutes):
- A nail primer is applied to the nails to promote better adhesion of the hard gel, helping prevent lifting.
Applying the Base Gel (5-10 minutes):
- A clear or translucent base gel is applied to the nails to create a foundation for the extension. This layer needs to be thin and even.
Builder Gel Application (15-20 minutes):
- The hard gel is applied in layers to create the desired extension and shape. Each layer is cured under the UV or LED lamp before applying the next.
Shaping and Sculpting (15-20 minutes):
- Once the desired extension is achieved, the nails are shaped and sculpted using files and buffers to create the desired look.
Applying Additional Layers and Design (20-30 minutes):
- Additional layers of hard gel can be applied to create strength and thickness, and any design elements or color can be added at this stage.
Finishing Touches (10-15 minutes):
- A topcoat is applied to seal the design and add shine to the nails. The nails are then cleansed and moisturized.
Factors Affecting Application Time
Skill Level: The expertise and speed of the nail technician significantly impact the time taken for the application.
Nail Length and Complexity: Longer or more intricate nail designs may require additional time for shaping and sculpting.
Curing Time: The curing time required for each layer of gel under the UV or LED lamp affects the overall time.
The time it takes to apply hard gel nails typically ranges from about 1.5 to 2.5 hours, depending on various factors including nail length, complexity of design, and the technician's skill level. It's essential to set aside adequate time for this process to ensure a meticulous application, resulting in beautiful, durable hard gel nails that you can flaunt with confidence.