Can I use poly gel to infill hard gel nails?
As trends evolve, new products like poly gel have emerged, creating curiosity about their compatibility with existing nail enhancements. One common question is whether you can use poly gel to infill hard gel nails. In this article, we'll explore the possibilities and considerations regarding using poly gel to infill hard gel nails.
Understanding Gel Nails and Poly Gel
Hard Gel Nails: Hard gel is a dense, viscous substance used to create nail extensions and add strength to the natural nails. It requires curing under a UV or LED lamp.
Poly Gel: Poly gel is a hybrid nail enhancement product that combines the properties of acrylic and hard gel. It's usually more flexible and lighter than traditional hard gel, making it a popular choice.
Can Poly Gel be Used to Infill Hard Gel Nails?
In theory, it is possible to use poly gel to infill hard gel nails, but it's important to consider a few factors before proceeding:
Compatibility of Gel Products:
- Hard gel and poly gel have different formulations and curing requirements. Combining them may affect the overall integrity and durability of the nail enhancement.
Adhesion and Bonding:
- Ensuring that poly gel adheres well to hard gel is crucial. Proper adhesion is necessary for a successful infill and to prevent any lifting or chipping.
- The application technique for poly gel may differ from hard gel. Understanding these differences and adapting the application process accordingly is essential for a seamless infill.
Appearance and Texture:
- The texture, appearance, and finish of poly gel may differ slightly from hard gel. This could affect the overall aesthetics of the nails after the infill.
Steps to Infill Hard Gel Nails with Poly Gel
If you decide to proceed with infilling hard gel nails using poly gel, here's a general step-by-step guide:
Prepare the Nails:
- Start by removing the shine from the hard gel nails using a nail file. Lightly buff the surface for better adhesion.
- Apply a thin layer of primer to promote adhesion between the hard gel and poly gel.
Poly Gel Application:
- Apply the poly gel on the prepared nails, extending the length or filling in areas where needed.
Shape and Cure:
- Shape the poly gel as desired using a brush and slip solution. Cure the poly gel under a UV or LED lamp according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Refine and Finish:
- Buff and shape the nails to achieve the desired look. Apply a topcoat and cure to seal the poly gel.
Considerations and Tips
Consult a Professional: It's advisable to consult a professional nail technician experienced in working with both hard gel and poly gel for a successful infill.
Product Compatibility: Ensure the poly gel and hard gel products you're using are from reputable brands and are known to be compatible.
Practice and Experiment: If possible, experiment with a small portion of the nail to test the adhesion and compatibility of the products before proceeding with a full infill.
While it is possible to infill hard gel nails with poly gel, it's essential to exercise caution, consider compatibility, and follow proper application techniques. If you're unsure or inexperienced, seeking guidance from a professional nail technician is highly recommended to achieve the best results and maintain the integrity of your nail enhancements.